Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

4 Oct 2013

How to do storm photography in low budget

lightning strikes tall water tankYes, its long time ago I've posted some article, I have been almost disappeared from my own blog, but I never share something until I have really to share. This time I have something very bright to talk about. I never tried this ever and it was my very first-hand experience. I got really thrilled and scared, until finish my work. I am talking about photograph lightning after or during heavy rain. I am sharing these snaps which I managed to achieve. As I said, this was my first experience with lightning and these 3 photographs are only I can show you. You know lightning happen for fraction of second and when you have a camera with a kit lens and a tripod only, it's very difficult to release the shutter exactly when lightning happen. You need a perfect timing and patience and that is the real challenge.But don't forget to have a rain cover for your camera, it's very important when you are photographing in rain. I used Polaroid SLR Rain Cover Protector For Digital SLR Cameras, you can find more cheap and best covers on Amazon.I also used shutter release remote to keep camera extra steady. Here is some shutter release remote you can use for Nikon DSLR. Photive ML-L3 Wireless Shutter Release Remote For Nikon D5300, D3200, D5100, D5000, D7000, D600, D610, D80, D90, p7000, P7100, Nikon J1, V1, Nikon 1 AW1 Digital SLRS(Replaces Nikon ML-L3).Well for this time enjoy this photograph and if you have some question or want to say something about this picture, please feel free to leave a comment or an email in my inbox.

Some more Pictures: Updated
Storm photography

Storm photography



No comments :

Post a Comment